Friday, May 29, 2009

Taking Courage

"In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

Did you know that courage is not the absence of fear? I once read this quote, "Feel the fear and do it anyway." This really helped me to understand that fear and courage can and do co-exist.

I have gotten myself into a wonderful habit of spending time with Jesus before my day begins. I'm doing a daily bible study (Catherine Martin's Six Secrets To A Powerful Quiet Time) which is literally saving my life! I am carrying around a lot of 'junk' (aren't we all)... some old, some new and I have to say that Jesus is cleansing my spirit. Something happened today that normally would have took me down hard, but it didn't - at all. I still can't believe how 'ok' I am about it. I know for a fact that it is because I have taken up the full armor of the Lord. He really is a shield to those that trust and believe in Him. It's true that I have a long way to go in my walk, but it's also true that I have come a long way!

The coolest thing that I know is that Jesus lives. There will be trials, there will be trouble, there will be a lot of imperfection...but, it's ok. It's just all ok. I am taking courage ... and I am afraid. And, that too is ok.

No comments: