Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This is random

I'm not even going to attempt to look for meaning in the fact that I broke my new bird bath...yes, the one I just purchased in memory of Faith! It didn't end up going in the garden because I deemed it too fragile. Instead I had it near our front porch. I was watering my many plants the other day and pulled the hose towards me and watched (in slow motion) as my beautiful glass bird bath smashed onto brick pavers. The only thing funny about this is that it's pretty typical behavior for me. For as careful as I am ... I am so not careful!

Yesterday Rob and I spent time clearing out the basement. We burned old furniture, donated items to the Salvation Army, and threw stuff out. It's such a big job. I should really take pictures documenting this adventure. I love my grandparents deeply, but there was not a lot of throwing away for them living through the depression and all. My grandma actually sewed her stockings. My generation loves to throw stuff away! Why? Because we can run to walgreens and pick up a new pair of pantyhose for less than $2 (and I think we all know that I don't know how to sew). Anyway, this is me just trying to convey that there is A LOT of stuff in the basement here. Rob has already laid claim over the entire basement. The infamous "Man Cave." I wonder what is going to be going on down there. He doesn't drink and he sure doesn't watch sports or play video games! I will let him have his space though. Mainly because I feel bad about the garage. Our last house (which we still own and rent out) had a 3 car garage! The garage was bigger than the house...obviously a man's doing!!! Now we have a small garage and a larger house. Rob is still not over the loss of his garage. Me...I moved out and never looked back. Sometimes I forget that we still own that house until James shows up with his rent check!

I've been reading some good books lately...books about thinking too much and about how we are what we speak. I have two re-occuring wishes....one of them is to get snowed in for a week. Where everything is shut down and everyone just knows that everything is shut down so no one is expecting to hear from you. The other is to have an entire day where I just feel present. Where I am not thinking Um,about anything except what I am doing and who I am with. A day where I really feel life moving though me.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

No! Not the bird bath! Are you purchasing a new one?