Monday, December 27, 2010

Favorite Things


This post is inspired by the Sound of Music movie which was on last night. I didn't get to watch it because Rob worked all day long and I wanted him to get to relax to something he'd actually enjoy. But, I own the movie so it's all good. Well, minus the fact that it's on VHS and not DVD so I probably will never watch it again.

A few of my faves:
-the sound of church bells ringing (i love going to see my eye dr., i always hear church bells from a nearby church that rings every hour)
-the smell of burning wood
-lipgloss (i always need something on my lips, rob dislikes this very much)
-diet coke
-cheeseburgers (cheddar or always bleu cheese if they've got it)
-bleu cheese (oh how i love thee)
-the view from our dining room (i'm staring out it as i type)
-rows and rows of books
-putting an item in the perfect spot
-the color red (red car, red coat, red kitchen...oh so crazy for red)
-going to the library (the one place where i feel the most like myself)
-Van Gogh
-Emily Dickinson (basically all the people who got famous after they died, I seem to be drawn to them)
-word art
-cardinals (remind me of grandpa h)
-hummingbirds (remind me of grandma h)
-doggies (as mentioned previously if we don't have a baby, I am going to have lots and lots of dogs)
-re-arranging
-shopping at marshalls (the only store for me)
-starbucks peppermint mocha
-my hair being played with
-when my nails are painted
-jeans that fit just right (oh so hard to find)
-deep conversations
-handwritten notes
-playing with kids and playing with their toys :)

"I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad!"

No comments: