Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stop!

Sometimes I need to be stopped. I walk too fast, I can't help myself. Places to go, things to do. Ha! I have a running to do list in my head constantly. The other day I had a moment of feeling like my life is turning into something to be checked off a list. Put it on the list, check it off. It's become an exhausting, joyless habit. It made me sad thinking about it. Soon after, I was out 'doing my life', checking things off of my list and suddenly I got stopped. And, I literally laughed out loud...in my car, by myself. I believe God has a huge sense of humor!

I know in my heart that God did not intend for us to judge ourselves by how much we can accomplish. It's the whole Martha/Mary scenario. Martha was sooooo busy when Jesus came for a visit. And, she judged herself by that (thinking she was right to be busy)and she judged others by their lack of being busy. Mary sat at His feet and He was pleased with her. This is such a picture for me! I know God wants me to just stop and enjoy his presence. To value myself the way that He values me...and that has everything to do with being and not so much to do with doing!!!

No comments: