Monday, March 26, 2012

My Shield

Memorizing a verse from the Bible is like having a shield in your pocket. There is nothing stronger than God's word. After we lost our baby, someone gave me an index card with Joshua 1:9 on it. She told me it got her through a similar hard time.

This is the verse that I have been hanging on to (some days easily, some days for dear life) during this entire pregnancy. This is the verse that will see me through to holding baby Eli. I have it written on a small piece of paper in my bathroom so that I can see it every morning while I am getting ready for my day. On the days when I am feeling anxious, fearful, worried (about anything) - I say this verse out loud. There is something powerful about saying God's word out loud ... even if you're by yourself, blowdrying your hair :) He is the center and bringing my perspective back to that center (rather than letting my fear take over and control me) is the key to transforming my world.

Today I started week 21. Oh, week 21 how I have longed to get to you, get past you - and still have my baby inside of me.

My shield is up. My Lord is with me. I am strong and courageous. I am not terrified nor discouraged. I KNOW He is with me. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you.

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

No comments: