Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Choice

I recently read the BEST book on writing that I've ever encountered. It spoke to me so deeply that I was actually (this close) to writing the author a letter. I decided to look him up online, follow his blog (if he has one), buy all his books...you name it, I was totally 100% into him. And then I saw IT. A book by my beloved about Atheism. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt so I looked through a few pages (knowing that I was on the verge of disappointment) and yes ... my guy who was about to become my favorite (and I take choosing favorites very seriously) author is an atheist.

I feel shattered. This brings up all sorts of feelings inside of me. Volcano style.
To sin is one thing, but to completely denounce God Almighty is another. I am not condoning sinning here I am just simply saying that going through life with so much creativity, passion, & purpose...and giving yourself all the credit for it is crazy to me! His book isn't saying that I shouldn't believe in God, but it is saying that I can get through life (and have a creative, passionate existence) without the one that I love so much. No thank you, mister. No thank you.

Oh, the narrow path. Your rewards are many, your challenges are daily. But, I choose you. I will always choose you.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

:) I love this. And that was a pretty cool sacrifice on your part, too.