Monday, January 24, 2011

Puppy Please!

I realized today that this blog, for me, is about working through the loss of our baby and gaining the courage to hopefully have another. There are so many things that I could write about at any given time, but each time I hop on here with my thoughts...only one subject really surfaces.
Yesterday, we watched the Bears/Packers game at my parents house. Their friends were over with their 2 Rottweiler puppies...yep, count them out...not one, but two pups! I was in heaven. A 12 week old girl (sweet, sweet girl) and an 8 week old boy. I could not get enough of them. The boy that they got is from a newly released litter and the rest of the pack is only 15 minutes from here. They have 5 females left and 2males. I would definitely get a girl. They are much more mellow. Roxy has been a dream boat. I told Rob that I don't even want babies, I just want puppies. I think that was my way of trying to not have to wait to get another dog. He told me that he absolutely did not believe that I wanted puppies over a baby. But, yesterday...oh, yesterday I did.
I remember being a kid and always wanting to lay on the floor with my arms wrapped tightly around whatever dog(s) we had at the time. I do this with Roxy. I can't explain the love I have for dogs, but sometimes it's so strong I really do think maybe, just maybe I could survive on just having dogs as my kids. I know plenty of people that do. It's never by choice, it's just a coming to terms with not having kids of your own. I'm not giving up on that...merely trying not to think about it. So, in the meantime of whatever God is up to - I will lay on the floor with my girl, and work on Rob to go get one of those puppies!!! I need one. Neeeeeeeed one!

No comments: