Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Game Worth Playing




Despite the pain and suffering in this world, there is still so much beauty to be found. Every once in awhile I play this 'game' with myself. I call it "Finding Jesus." I 'should' play it everyday, but I am imperfect (I know, what a surprise). It goes like this ... say to yourself, "Self (ha), go 'find' Jesus today." It's a way of consciously being aware of Him. And, you know what ... I find Him a ton when I am looking. I do know that he is always there, but sometimes it helps our very human minds to visually see Him. On the days that I am looking for Him, I find myself being more loving, and more emotionally available to people. On those days I am aware of the fact that someone might find Jesus when they look at me.

Here are just a few examples of how I find Jesus:

A sign along the road that says Jesus Saves.
A phone call from a friend that you've been thinking about and meaning to call.
Turning to the perfect bible verse that speaks straight to your heart.
A deep conversation that needed to be had.
A sky full of color. (I took the pics in this post last week at our marina)
A single flower among a garden of weeds.
Really, the list goes on ... Jesus works through many avenues... people, animals, landscape, the word. I always find Him when I am looking. You can't play this game half-heartedly though. You must be open-minded and expectant. I challenge you to play! You will always come out a winner.

No comments: