Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Special Lady


There is a special lady that I would love for you to meet.
I see Jesus in her every time we greet.

When I was a child she made me miniature pies.
When I am feeling down, all I have to do is look in her eyes.

She's lived a full life and has loved like no other.
She plays many roles, but my favorite is Grandmother.

She knows the secret to mastering this life.
It's not what you know, but who you know.
His name is Jesus Christ.

I love my Grandma. She fell and broke her hip a few weeks ago at my parents house. She then had surgery and made it through like the champ that she is! Then, she was moved to a rehabilitation facility and began doing physical therapy twice a day. It took a lot out of her, but she has a very determined spirit. This past Sunday, Rob, Emily and I were excited to bring her some treats from The Elegant Farmer (a really cool place that we had never been to before). We walked in and my parents were there and told us that an ambulance was coming to get her right then. She has an infection. I just started sobbing. I hugged her tightly and she whispered to me that she has been praying for me. If that doesn't tell you something about my Grandma, I don't know what will. She's about to be put in an ambulance and taken back to the hospital and she's telling me that she's been praying for ME. We have always had a very special bond. When I was in 3rd grade my parents built a house on my grandparents land (they have 36 acres and it's amazing). I grew up living next door to my grandma and grandpa (my father's parents)! I have loads of wonderful memories. When I was a child, it bothered me that we did not have neighbors. But, looking back I realize how blessed we were to grow up on that land. It's so beautiful and quiet. I took the rest of the week off of work and the time off does have a purpose and it does involve my love for that land. Stay tuned...

No comments: