Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sweet Little Baby

"For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

In Honor of Faith Marie January
August 22nd, 2008

Precious little baby
sweet little girl
did you know you were coming
to save me from this world?

Tiny little fingers
wrapped around mine
for a keepsake picture
that stands frozen in time.

Our life lost its direction
the day you had to go
we quietly held you
the pain so sharp and slow.

Picking up the pieces
because that's what we have to do
feeling a sense of loss
this is not just something to get through.

One year later
as the tears still fall
trying not to question
or make sense of it all.

Trusting in the Father
who has always been near
envisioning you in Heaven
as we gradually release the mounds of fear.

2 comments:

Ashley C. said...

Faith:
We all hoped and prayed that we would be able to meet you, but our Lord had greater plans that we still do not know. One year later and we still think about you, knowing you are in heaven in your Father's glory. One day soon you will be able to meet your mommy and daddy again, but until then, just know you are still mommy's sweet little baby.

Krissy:
You are the strongest woman that I know. You have been through a lot and yet you still continue to seek God. I want you to know that I admire your faith and trust in God and His plans. I am amazed to see the strength you've gained from this and glad to know that you have sacrificed your life for His will.
You and Rob are in my prayers today.

KateyDe said...

Ahhh, Krissy. I am without words.