Thursday, December 3, 2009

4th Grade Rocks my Socks!

I am loving having a 4th grader in my life. 4th grade was definitely one of my favorite years in school. I loved my teacher (she is now Emily's principle), I won the apple award, and 3rd grade was rough so of course that year was like a trillion times better!
But, what I remember most about 4th grade was learning the states and state capitals. I LOVED memorizing each one. I even remember taking the test. I was one of the first kids to turn mine in and I got them all right. A proud moment in my life!

I am super excited because Emily has reached the point in her 4th grade class where she is learning the beloved states and their capitals. Rob usually has helped her with her homework by the time I get home, but I requested to be the one to work with her on this. She is currently learning the NorthEast states. It's so crazy that FUN to me used to be a night out at a bar and now a FUN night to me is teaching Emily easy ways to memorize capitals. When did this happen? : )

And, people...the state capital of New Year is not New York City!!! Ha!
...(it's Albany)

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

haha, that's really cute! I remember learning the states and their capitals. You're such a good mama! :-]