Friday, December 18, 2009

I regret to inform you...

What an action packed week this has been! Monday we made dinner for Rob's parents and had them over so that they could see our house decorated for Christmas. Tuesday, I went out with my great friend, Amber (someday, I'll have to write an entire chapter about that cool girl). Wednesday, Rob's dad really wanted to make chili so we went over and ate it for him (ha!). Thursday, we went to a dinner for my chamber and then to Emily's Christmas concert at school. Tonight, I am heading out to see White Christmas at Genesee Theater. I have been wanting to go there since it re-opened and am excited to finally have the opportunity! Definitely an action-packed week, but December is just that kind of month. I have loved every bit of it, but I am exhausted.

My parents are out of town for a short visit to see my Nanny (my Mom's mom) in Michigan, so we're back on animal duty-too! Tonight, I got their mail and there was a card addressed to my Grandma. It made me very sad to think that she has a friend out there who doesn't even know she died. Reading the card quickly snapped me back into reality. In all my busyness, what I have loved was being with my people. Because that is all that matters when it comes down to it...your people. I came home and wrote out a Christmas card to Grandma's friend, Rosalie, who lives in Indiana but, who apparently grew up with her here based on some things she wrote in the card. My letter started with, I regret to inform you ...
...that my Grandma went to be with Jesus on October 3rd.

In all the rush and chaos of the season, I received the gift of a pause. A moment that sat me down to remember what this CHRISTmas season is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed our the movie.

Everyone at the Genesee Theatre wishes you a Merry Christmas.