Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon


Tonight there is a blue moon. A blue moon is the second full moon that occurs in a calender month (basically, an extra moon). A blue moon occurs on average once every 2.5 years. I took a picture of the moon so that you could see it is definitely not blue, but beautiful for sure. The next time a blue moon will occur on New Year's Eve will be in 2028, so I took a picture of tonight's moon...because Lord only knows what I will be up to in 2028. And, man isn't that the truth...? The Lord only knows. It took me a long time to be okay with the not knowing.

When I pictured the year 2010 (back in the day), I was totally thinking Jetson's. Flying our cars in the sky and all that futuristic stuff. Ha!

Tonight, we're celebrating at a party at my brother's house. Then, tomorrow afternoon we'll be with my Dad's side of the family - making up for the fact that we didn't get together at Christmastime. Then, it's down to business. I am ready to do some damage (good damage) this year. Full of inspiration and ideas for the big year that lies ahead.

Wishing you a Happy New Year! Just remember when making those New Year's resolutions that "now is later."

No comments: