Thursday, May 20, 2010

2 More Days (not that I'm counting)

Only 2 more nights at our current house and it's off to Grandma's we go! I have been feeling really excited about life lately. Not just because something new is happening, but because when I look around at all that is in my life...I just really like what I see. There is so much left to do, but I don't even feel an ounce of stress about it. They are redoing the main road in our town and people are so bothered by the work that is happening (and I've had a few mornings where I was ready to just drive over the cones rather than going around them...I am no saint), but the point of me telling this is that getting to the good stuff in life is like the repaving of that road...the work, the struggle, the frustration has to happen in order to get to the end result. The road is not going to become magically new and beautiful overnight while we're all sleeping soundly in our beds. I am choosing to focus on the end result...the hope for the future...rather than the stuff that makes me uncomfortable. I feel that I am learning so much these days. I feel like a sponge for goodness. I am soaked in it. My main goal in my lifetime is to learn how to remain peaceful, to stay centered and focused on God, in the midst of the stuff I'd rather skip over. Thank God I don't have a fast forward button.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

This is so cool. I love your analogy of the road construction . . . very true. I really am so proud of you and seeing how much you've grown and your perspective on life has changed sooo much in the last year. :-]