Friday, May 28, 2010

We're In!

Hard to believe that as of tomorrow night we'll already be living in Grandma's house for 1 week. It's been a busy, yet really enjoyable week. I feel like "my cup overfloweth!"

We wrapped up all the moving and cleaning efforts at our other house on Wednesday. It was nice to be done with that part. Now we can focus on where we're at. Our renters moved in yesterday and we are now officially landlords!

I have somehow fell in love with the kitchen during this whole process. I suddenly (and magically, I swear) care about collecting recipes...and actually doing something with them. Ha! You'd have to really know me to understand how HUGE this is. I feel so expanded living at this house. More capable of maintaining a home or something. I guess it all has to do with desire...desire that I didn't really have all that much before. The dishwasher at Grandma's is broken and we're going to get a new one eventually. In the meantime I have been washing some serious dishes. And, I don't even mind that. I guess it doesn't hurt that I have an amazing view to look out as I am washing. Washing and thinking. There is something to be said about getting back to the basics. I have noticed that time extends when you are doing things the long way.

We do have t.v now! And, the beauty is that it's basic t.v so no t.v bill. I don't even think we'll need more than that. We have so much we can do at our new place that having 800 channels doesn't even seem appealing anymore. Plus, we're used to no t.v...so having 30 channels is like a dream : )! I've always thought all the good shows were on "regular t.v" anyway...so we won't be missing much.

I'm looking forward to getting everything organized. There is much to do, but I am loving it and now that we're just there I can take my time with it and get everything "just so."

Looking forward to the beautiful weather (upper 80's) that we will be having all weekend.

It feels so good to be excited about life again. I find Grandma and Grandpa's home to be very healing. Grandma spent time with Jesus every single morning in that house and I can feel that. There is definitely spirit there. I know that I can't just expect to have all the benefits of her prayers there though. I need to make my own way. I'm looking forward to spending quiet time with Him before each day begins just as she did. I saw how that really enabled her to maintain peace throughout her life regardless of what was happening around her. I have so much to thank Him for. So much.

No comments: