Thursday, March 11, 2010

Color My World

I am super excited because I have officially picked out paint colors for Grandma's house! We are starting with the master bedroom and bathroom, an upstairs hallway and the kitchen. Before I even thought about colors my Dad said he hoped I wouldn't be doing any of those 'wild colors.' And, honestly...I wasn't going to. But, when I started really looking at color - all I could think about was dramatic red, sunshine yellow and irish green. I love color! I love how it can take over and make you feel something when you walk in a room. The painting is going to begin this weekend. I love forward movement. It feels so good. And, I am really looking forward to mixing my colorful modern "stuff" with my grandparents antiques.

The other night when I pulled into our driveway I noticed that our neighbors have their house up for sale. I had no idea they were even thinking about moving. And, the best part is the company they are selling their house through does a lot of advertising and the actual realtors (it's a married couple that works together) are well known. I wanted to jump up and down because I feel like it's divine intervention...we are about to put our house up for sale by owner and we now have our neighbors selling their home...free advertising for us!

I am waiting patiently, yet expectantly, on the Lord. We will see how it all pans out! I am doing all the things I can do and trusting that he has got the rest worked out. He who sees all things from beginning to end.

No comments: