Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 7 Out of 10

Today I worked a mini bridal show at a local resort. The resort had their menu tasting event for the bride/groom (and their families)and then asked their preferred vendors to set up a booth to promote their business. The vendors did get to sample the food, as well...but, I couldn't because Rob and I are going strong on day 7 out of 10 with the diet!!! It was hard to be the only person at an event, not eating! It was hard to be anywhere and not eating...I love eating. But, it feels so good to be in control of the food rather than the other way around.

It was a cool experience, I did book some weddings, and had a lot of time to people watch...more like relationship watch. I was trying hard not to think about the fact that half of them will find themselves divorced at some point. I said a silent prayer for all of the hopefuls. So young, so happy ... I prayed that they would hold on to each other, to not give up too easily.

In case you are wondering about the diet, I am down 4lbs. And, overall I just feel healthier. The crucial part of this is to plan ahead...you really need to know what you're eating all day prior to the day actually beginning. We are also journaling what we are eating. It sounds like work, but it really takes no time. Awareness and Preparedness are key. Like with anything in life, I suppose.

It's now time to finish mopping the salon! Gosh, I still miss having internet at home. I don't know if I'll ever truly be "over it." But, at least if the technology of the world ever crashes-I'll already be used to it while everyone else is panicing : )

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! I know you were trying so hard to get that stubborn pound OFF! And awesome job getting those weddings booked! :-]