Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Swordfish & Figs

Rob and I are doing this diet through my sissy, Monica. It's a 10 day 'er' and consists of mostly fruit/veges/fish/eggs...low carb. I've always done well with the low carb stuff as far as losing weight. I am super stoked about this because we are eating 6 meals per day, so I'm not hungry (and it's a good thing because I am very crabby when I am hungry). The best part is that I can still drink my coffee! I already feel healthier. We've been working out and eating good (80% of the time) for 8 weeks now and I've hit this place where I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over. This is like a jump start and I can already tell I am going to hit my first goal. The best thing is it's building the confidence that I can achieve that goal.

Last night Rob and I ate swordfish and figs for the first time. They sound completely gross together - but, we didn't eat them together, so it was all good. I didn't even know what a fig was before yesterday! Rob doesn't love eating fish, but he's willing to try new things. And me...I am very glad I grew up in a fish lovin' family, it's coming in quite handy.

I will update on our progress...I know that will help me keep on track!

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

Yumm . . . swordfish and figs. Haha if you can't tell, that's pure sarcasm but I'm glad you're enjoying them! :-] Good luck on your journey; I cannot wait to hear about it! :-]