Thursday, March 18, 2010

Progress

Progress is certainly being made. The master bedroom, master bathroom, and hallway at Grandma's house are painted. Today, the kitchen is being finished and round 1 will officially be over. I'm excited about all of the color as mentioned previously. I definitely feel something when I walk into those newly painted rooms. I want others to feel something - too. My Dad, for example, will feel this: "what the heck is Kris thinking!" when he sees that the country wallpapered kitchen has turned into red and yellow insanity! Oh, I can't wait to see the kitchen after work today. It's pretty daring, even for me.

So, now it's time to focus on the house we actually live in. Our neighbors put their house for sale last Tuesday...and yesterday I came home to a SOLD sign. Yep, our neighbors sold their house in exactly 1 week. That really pumped me up! We are going to (finally) finish our laundry room and just clean up some stuff and then we're putting it out there. People wonder why we didn't get our house ready first, but we wanted to keep paying our mortgage down as long as we could so we'd be in a better position when selling time came. There is always a method to our madness.

I am excited that the sun is shining and that progress is being made. It feels good to feel good naturally ... rather than pulling from within like we do all winter long. Spring is a lovely season ... it's the hope that you've been hoping for coming alive right before your eyes!

No comments: