Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ask

Last night I had about 20 minutes to myself. I took that precious time to read the bible and pray. I was feeling very lonely for Grandma. I was feeling lonely for God. I prayed to receive a sign that he was near and that she was with Him. Not because I need signs to believe, but because sometimes I just need a little something to keep going. My whole heart was in that prayer. The room was quiet (gosh, how I have missed quiet) and peaceful. Rob came home shortly after with Emily. He had the mail and asked me to come and sit down with him. There was a sympathy card from his Aunt Maryanne that he had just read. She inserted a picture that she took last weekend of the most beautiful rainbow that I have ever seen. There was so much purple in the rainbow (normally I never see purple). Purple was my Grandma's favorite color. On the back of the picture she wrote that she took the picture in Michigan (they were out of town for a family reunion) on get this ... Saturday, October 3rd. She wrote in the card that she "believes that God wants me to see the glimpse of what my Grandma is experiencing in His presence." Wow!

There is more ... I was very upset last week because by the time I went to get the News Sun to cut out Grandma's obituary - they were sold out. Yesterday, I received another card and it was from a good friend of mine's mom. In the card was my Grandma's obituary.

God is always near. But, He likes to be sought after. Grandma is in Heaven. We are vessels of His love. My prayer today is to be a vessel for others. Life gets so hectic and busy and it's really easy to be preoccupied with yourself and what you're dealing with. I am reminded in their thoughtfulness, that when I take the time to get outside of my head and really think about others...that I too can help God help someone else.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

I love your blogs. They are so heavy and make me really think. Keep on being real. :-]