Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Little Girl


Jesus said, "let the little children come to me." (Luke 18:16)

This morning, this little girl was baptized. This is my 'going on 6' year old niece, Alyssa, who accepted Christ into her heart in front of her entire congregation.
Alyssa's family, my parents, and Alyssa's other grandparents all attend the same church. I am really proud of my brother, Nathan, and his wife Monica for bringing up their kids in the church. They know about Jesus. They have an understanding about Him that some adults don't have. They have recently experienced loss (their dog, Halle) and then Grandma...who they called GiGi. I know that learning about Jesus and Heaven has really helped them to work through those emotions they have not yet had to experience.

It was such a precious moment. Pastor Dave (who is amazing) said they just couldn't hold her back, she so badly wanted to be baptized. It was really great to be in church this morning.

A few rows ahead of us was a little baby girl being held and she was facing backwards. Every time I looked her way, the tears welled up in my eyes. I keep thinking that I am fine about all of this, but moments like that show me that it's not really something I will ever be 100% fine about. I think I am becoming even more emotional about losing Faith now that I finally have the courage to try again. I think because now that I am ready (it took over a year) to travel that route that it should happen quickly while I am feeling brave. I want to say, "Hurry up,God, before I chicken out!" But, He so gently reminds me that it's his timing, not mine, and that no matter how I am feeling when it happens that He is so there for me.

No comments: