Friday, October 23, 2009

Running Deep

Life has always proven itself to be unexpected to me. I never would have thought that I would be sitting here ... a few short weeks away from turning 31, on my second marriage, with no kids of my own and a 9 year old step-daughter(you really can't predict these things).

I have a lot of thoughts about my life that I don't share. Isn't that life though? The parts you show people and the parts you don't. It's not that I don't want to share all of me, I just can't. The same way that none of us can really truly ever share all that lies within is.

I think this blog is a pretty decent reflection of who I am. I run deep. I can't seem to write about regular daily occurrences (and believe me I want to). Life is so heavy to me. No matter how I appear on the outside, inside I am always taking it all in...weighing it, analyzing it, trying to find meaning in it.

I find it hard to let go, to seize the day. Now if letting go and seizing the day were on my to-do list and I could check it off - then, and only then I could probably manage it. This is not to say I don't have fun because I do. This is just to say that in the midst of having fun, there is always a big part of me that is somewhere else ... walking around inside of my non-letting go mind.

One of these days I'm really going to throw you off and write a blog about what I ate for breakfast...

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

I know what you mean by all of this. No matter how many blogs I write about so many random things, I often have so many other things that I wish I could openly share. Like you, I have a lot within that just cannot be shared with the blogging world . . . or much of my world for that matter.
Sometimes the things I blog about now are tough because I feel like I have a million and a half tags as "struggles," "lesson learned," or just me rambling on and complaining about life. Inside, I do that a bit too much. As you know, I'm an overanalyzer, so everything in my mind goes through several filters, lists, doubts, etc.

The day you write a blog about what you ate for breakfast, I will know something is terribly wrong and I will take that blog with a grain of salt. ;-] Keep on blogging the way Krissy blogs! :-]

<3 ya!