Sunday, November 29, 2009

Port Washington







One of these days I am going to get into a daily blogging habit, so much happens in a day...and I feel like writing about stuff days after the fact, just isn't as fun! But, I'll give it a whirl. Thanksgiving was lovely. My parents are out of town, so we spent the holiday with Rob's family. We don't get to spend much time with his family (other than his parents) so it was good quality time. Friday, I took the day off and for the first time ever did the "Black Friday" shopping. Rob was off - too - and we had Emily. We got up early and braved it out there in the world. It's hard to believe the economy is not doing well after seeing that mess! We did accomplish a lot and had a fun time, but it's not something I necessarily feel the need to do again. I worked yesterday and once I closed shop, Rob and I packed a bag and headed to Port Washington to stay at the
Port Hotel. It was outstanding. We received a gift certificate which is how we learned about the place. What a darling little town! Rob and I don't have much quiet alone time, so this gift was such a blessing! Our room had a fireplace and even better it had this ...

This is a Kohler “Water Haven” shower and we need to get one! The innkeeper told us that it cost about $8,000 and uses 12 gallons of water per minute (a normal shower is 2 gallons per minute). Whoa! Talk about feeling like you're under a waterfall.

Then, we came home today and I crashed this...

This is our Honda CRF 50 Dirtbike...which I clearly should not be riding! Needless to say, it has been an eventful weekend and I just feel really happy about it all...minus the bike crash, of course!

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

Nice blog! :-] Where is Port Washington? I love the photo of your crashed bike, but where is the photo of you climbing out of the bush pulling red berries off your butt?!

I'm glad to hear you guys had a good weekend. :-]