Sunday, November 22, 2009

PW Book Signing

This week has been jam packed full of events. But, I'm just going to post about one thing at a time - otherwise this is going to be the longest post ever. I'll start with the Pioneer Woman book signing. Rob and I got there a few minutes prior to the start of the event. They were handing out numbers...we were number 253!!! Once you got your number you could walk around the store and hop back into the line at any time. We hadn't had dinner, yet, so we decided to walk next door to Maggiano's Little Italy. Yum! A little wine and a lot of pasta later, we went back to the signing...thinking our number would be close to being up. Not even close! She has this chair next to her behind the desk she was signing at and EVERY SINGLE PERSON got to sit down with her, have their book signed, and have a little conversation with her. I told Rob, "this is going to be really cool once it's our turn." We made some friends in the line, traded up our numbers as people were getting tired of waiting, and made the best of the waiting situation. We finally traded up to number 176. A little better. We didn't meet her until 11pm and I know that because right when I sat down with her they came up to tell her the store closes now so they basically wanted her to speed it up. There were LOTS of people behind us still. She was great. I then got to meet Marlboro Man (her husband) who was also really cool. He was impressed that Rob came with me and waited that entire time. Here are some pics from that event... (yeh, I know...I look like a cheese ball. You'd think I was meeting a major celebrity).

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

Thanks again for the book and shirt, I loved them both. Speaking of which, I am going to wear the shirt tomorrow! ;-]

Second, Marlboro Man looks a lot better in your pictures than he does in hers. And, is that your stack of books sitting there?! :-]