Thursday, November 5, 2009

Scanning Junkie!


I am so stoked about one of my birthday presents that I received from Rob. It's a printer/scanner. I have never scanned a picture in my life (well, once at Walgreens). It's one of those things that in my mind was hard. Well, tonight I have turned into a scanning junkie! I am so digging this. After Grandma passed pictures became very important to me...looking at pictures, taking pictures. She was really great at documenting Her life. So, in honor of Grandma and my new addiction...here is my first ever scanned picture. It's me and Grandma in front of our 'someday' house. And, because Grandma was so good at documentation...I know that this picture was taken in May of 1980 (I was a year and a half).
This is my shortest post - ever !!! But, I'm out because I've got some serious scanning to do. Ha!

2 comments:

Ashley C. said...

Love it! I'm glad you're enjoying your awesome new gift! :-]

You're sooo cute! Isn't it awesome that Grandma left those dates for the pictures? It kind of teaches you to think ahead.

P.S.- This is a "light" blog. Not quite breakfast, but not eye-welling either!

KateyDe said...

I love the photo of you and your Grama! My Grama put dates on the backs of all photos as well. I have a scanner now but to get the picture online? Here a little, there a little. Step by step!!
My Gram also wrote every important thing down in this HUGE family Bible. While I don't have the actual Bible (Dad does) I have color copies. Since I was about 5 I have been digging around in that Bible. I know where every "Silver Certificate" dollar is, every date, every wedding... every death. I wrote Grama's date in next to Grampa's. Thank you Krissy, for sharing. I miss my Gram so much. She was my safe place. But the Lord keeps reminding me that he is my safe place... and that he has a plan for me. She is with Him now, and that is where she wanted to be. My Gram walked her walk with Jesus, no matter what. How can I do less?