Friday, January 22, 2010

Butterfly

I am a deep thinker. Always pondering something (more like 'lots of somethings').
I think a lot about God and how to describe him to people that have not actually experienced Him. I would say that mostly everyone I know believes in God, but a lot of them have not come to know Him personally. I want to help make him tangible for others the way that he has become tangible to me.

Reading the bible to come to know God and what He is all about is huge. And, confessing your sins, asking for forgiveness, and asking Jesus into your heart is the ultimate! I do believe that the more people come to understand God (through reading his word, going to church, conversations with others) they can have moments with Him. Moments of true knowing.

As much as I know that Grandma is in a better place, and that she lived a good long life - the fact that she is physically not here has been harder on me than I ever could have imagined. I felt more protected when she was here (she prayed for all of us every single day). I know that when people hear that your Grandparent died that they immediately think of age and how it was time and all of that. But, the fact is she played a huge role in my life. Still does. Always will. Last night, I stayed up late just missing her. I wasn't feeling that good about a lot of things in those moments of thinking of her. We all have those times where you just feel the lack in your life... even though you know how much you are blessed with.

This afternoon, I met my parents, my aunt, and her co-worker for lunch. It was one of those spontaneous times of gathering. When the waitress brought the bill, I happened to look at her - to really take her in. And, I noticed that she was wearing
a butterfly pin. I recently came into ownership of that exact same pin ... it was my Grandma's. I have never seen another one like it until today. I felt a peacefulness wash over me. I felt Grandma's presence in that itty bitty moment of time...and once again I really felt that God was near.

It's these tangible God moments that I want to share with those that are struggling to believe in and know God. God is real. God is ever present.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

This really touches me. I think it's so awesome how great God is. It's really amazing that even when your grandma was still here, I remember you said you asked her to give you little signs of her. She's (and God) is doing exactly that. :-]