Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Step By Step

Rob and I have officially added a fitness routine to our healthy eating plan. Last night we worked out in our fit studio when I got off of work. All I had to do was change clothes and walk downstairs. It's ridiculous that I don't take advantage of this. I could list excuses, but what it comes down to is making a commitment to that healthy lifestyle that Rob and I dreamed about when our love began.

My sister in law, Monica, who manages our fitness area was working and Rob got some personal training attention. It was so great. There were quite a few people working out at the time...they all happened to be female and we were all getting a kick out of Monica telling Rob to lay on the floor and do pushups! He is such a good sport. And, he did admit later that he enjoyed being pushed.

So, it's safe to say that we are actually moving full steam ahead. I've always known that Rob and I are the type of people that need to be in constant motion. We always need to be working towards something in order to feel good about ourselves and our life. I think that is why the past year and a half has been so rough for us...we were on a path and then we got seriously derailed.

I read a quote recently that said,
"It takes guts to leave the ruts." I think that he and I needed time to heal and the not making things happen was okay for that season of our life. But, I am happy to report that we have officially hit a new season. We are shedding the rut and the beauty is that we are doing it together. The way I always imagined our marriage to be.

No comments: