Monday, January 4, 2010

Dream Maker

I have affectionately titled today, "Me, Myself, & I Monday!" I carved out a day for myself and it's wonderful.

I started my morning off with getting my favorite coffee from my favorite local spot and then headed to the library to drop off books and check out some more! I love the library. The moment I walk in I feel at home. It's one of the few places in this hectic world that demands quiet. And, don't even get me started on how much I enjoy walking up and down the rows of books. I always feel more positive about life when I am amongst all those books. They have so much to offer, but like life itself - you have to be the one to dig in!

And, speaking of digging in...
Rob and I had so many dreams for our life when we first began our relationship. We were both feeling amazing when we got together...we each liked the weight we were at, we were living very actively and healthfully, we were focusing on the things that gave us joy. We both had come out of a place where we had to rebuild ourselves after years spent in the wrong place. And, we discovered each other when we were in our most powerful state. We talked about how we wanted to live authentically and how we wanted our life to be a great adventure. And, then we slowly fell into the routine of our life and the dreams began fading into the dark when we stopped paying attention. It's funny because we talked so much about how we didn't want this to happen and then it did. We had an amazing talk on New Year's Day about all of this. We sat down and made goals for our life. We are re-committing ourselves to those dreams that have been lingering in the background of our life...waiting patiently for us to come and retrieve them. My Grandma once told me that "you have to fight for the life you want." I totally understand what she meant now. Both Rob and I feel an excitement about this year and it's because our heads are in the game. We don't ever want our life to become stagnant and you know what? It's SO easy for life to become stagnant. But, if you look around...like all those books in the library, life has so much to offer. There are so many good things waiting to happen for your life, but you have to be the one to get out there and claim them as yours.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

Sounds like a good plan; let's keep each other accountable for these changes. :-]