Sunday, January 10, 2010

Plan B

Friday night Rob and I went on a double date with his parents. We had pizza at their house from a really great pizza place and then went to the movies to see Blindside. I looooove going to the movies, especially when it's a movie that I'm excited to see. It was inspiring! It's been really making me think about if I am someone that is capable of adoption. Not because I think that we won't have children of our own, but I'm the type of person that likes to think about "what I would do if..." whatever that IF might be. All I know is that I have a lot of love to give and the idea of not having children of my own has always been something I couldn't even think about without feeling sick. Again, this is not me not trusting God to provide ... but, sometimes His providing doesn't look like the picture I asked for. And, it's becoming more clear that there are a lot of kids out there who need someone to love them.

In this season of waiting I'm learning some important things about life. One is that life is unfair and imperfect. Another is that life is beautiful and perfect according to God's will. I really don't know what He has in store for us. But, I want to stay open to whatever IT might be.

No comments: