Friday, January 8, 2010

Keep Saving Me!

Last night I could not get myself tired enough to sleep. I read for what seemed like forever (finished yet another great book). Once I was done, I just stared at the wall, trying to make sleep come. I realized that I just missed God's presence. He is always present, but I am not. Things are going along fine. Work is good, Rob and I are keeping up with our healthy eating, the house has actually been clean all week, I've been reading some great stuff and feeling inspired. But, I miss Him. I haven't made the time. I think about Him. I talk about Him. But, I haven't had a good sit down with the Lord in awhile. I just felt like I wanted Him near...the way you sometimes just need your Mom or Dad close by.

Sleep did eventually come and early this morning Roxy girl (who hardly ever barks) woke me up barking intensely at the plow truck that was plowing our street. Normally, I would just call her in by me and go back to sleep. But, this morning was different. I felt ready to crawl out of our cozy bed, get that warm cup of coffee, and sit ever so still in the quiet that only early mornings posses. You see, God knew I needed to feel his presence and He also knew that the only way to get to me was before my day really began.

I was led to this. There is something about worship music that pulls you in. I felt the Lord this morning and I wanted to share this. I think we can all relate to the words.
Savior Please

2 comments:

Ashley C. said...

As I said yesterday, I admire your faithfulness and strength. I am the same: I talk about God and share God's Word with others, but it's very seldom that I ever actually sit and listen to Him or His Word myself. You really do inspire me to move. :-]

Nan said...

Kris, I could really relate to this, making sure I made time for God. Once I regularly scheduled time for Him (every Sunday at mass, every week at Adoration - even while on business trips), a void was filled and life got easier to deal with. I so look forward to Adoration evening, as I usually have the church to myself. I can pour my heart out to Him, and He listens. I can feel His presence. When I leave, I have peace - and sometimes, an answer.
Now, if I can just regularly schedule exercise in my life, I'll be doing great!!!