Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Not 21 Anymore

This has been a full weekend. Saturday was our work Christmas party. I learned this weekend that I am clearly not 21 anymore! Ha! We had such a nice dinner and the staff was beyond generous...they gave Rob and I a weekend away to that lovely little spot in Port Washington. I feel extremely blessed to have such amazing people in my life on a daily basis. I am looking forward to planning that weekend away. I realized after we went the last time how we really need to be conscious of taking the time for each other...away from it all.
After dinner a bunch of us went out and stayed out until the place we were at made us leave. I think that I am still tired. I'm 31 ... not 21. And, there is a HUGE difference.

Sunday, Rob and I took Emily to her swimming lessons (she swims at the highschool that Rob and I graduated from which is really cool)...she is such a good swimmer. I enjoy watching her. Then, we went to see Avatar in 3D. I loved it!!! I have never seen a movie in 3D before, it was awesome, though it took some getting used to...not sure if that was related to my big night out the previous evening :)

This is going to be a busy week in my corner of the world. Lots to do with my chamber event coming up this weekend. Looking forward to it, but will mostly be glad when it is done. I'm just ready to put my time and energy elsewhere.

Next Monday, I have an appointment with a different Doctor who comes highly recommended by many people that I know. I have gone to the same "girl" Doctor forever, but I decided that a change of scenery might do me some good. Switching hospitals and everything. I don't want to be the girl that lost her baby anymore...I want to be the woman who is going to (someday) have a baby.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

You're not 21? Ha, coulda fooled me! Glad you and Rob enjoyed your gift! You both deserve it! Let me know how that appointment goes! :-]